Build your own Christmas tree with this baked goodness. Your guests will thank you for it. Be sure to check out the video below.
My Ingredient List
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 1 block Nafsika’s Garden Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup finely grated Nafsika’s Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Cut the Mozzarella block into 2 CM cubes. Set them aside.
- On a floured surface, divide the dough into two pieces, roll the dough into a long rectangle and cut the dough into 5 CM squares. You are going to need 33 of them.
- Wrap the dough around each piece of mozzarella, making a tight ball. Place them on a large baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree. Make sure the cheese balls are touching each other.
- Cover the tree with kitchen towels and allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Brush the tree with half of the melted butter, and sprinkle half of the parmesan on top of it. Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden and brown.
- While they are baking, whisk the melted butter, remaining parmesan and herbs together. Brush it on the baked cheese balls.
- Serve with marinara sauce if desired.