Summertime is around the corner, and with the rising temperature comes the desire for a refreshing and sweet treat. Raspberry Yogurt Dimes are the perfect answer to beat the heat while satisfying your sweet tooth. Not only are they a delicious treat, but they are also healthy and simple to make.
This recipe balances the sweetness of raspberries and the creaminess of frozen yogurt, creating a delightful contrast in taste and texture. The chia seeds in this recipe add to the nutritional value of the dessert. These little seeds are a great source of fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids, making this dessert both tasty and healthy.
The best part of this recipe is that it can be stored in the freezer for up to two months. This makes it the perfect dessert to have on hand for any last-minute cravings. To store, simply place them in an airtight container and freeze. When you’re ready to enjoy, take them out and let them defrost in the fridge. They can last up to a week in the fridge.
To make this recipe even easier, you can substitute frozen raspberries for fresh ones. Just make sure to leave room for them to defrost before mashing them. In some cases, frozen raspberries may release a bit of liquid. If that happens, simply add an extra tablespoon of chia seeds to thicken the mixture.
My Ingredient List
- 1 cup of Raspberries
- 2 tbsp of Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 6 tsp of Nafsika’s Garden Raspberry style Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of Vegan Chocolate
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- Mash raspberries in a bowl with a fork until they resemble a raspberry jam or puree.
- Add chia seeds, maple syrup and mix all together. Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the raspberry chia mixture and drop in a dime shape on your prepared baking sheet.
- Add a dollop of Greek yogurt on top of each dime.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the freezer and set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval. Mix the coconut oil into the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Dip each dime into the chocolate, coating them evenly and place them back on the baking sheet.
- Place the chocolate raspberry dimes back into the freezer for another 30 minutes or until set through.
These Raspberry Yogurt Dimes are a quick and easy way to cool down on a hot summer day. Not only do they satisfy your sweet tooth, but they also give you a boost of nutrition with the addition of chia seeds. They’re a perfect dessert to make in advance and have on hand for whenever you need a little something sweet. So go ahead, indulge guilt-free!