Make this cheezy vegan risotto dish for your friends and family this holiday season and wow them. (Tip: Don’t tell them right away that it’s vegan. ;))
My Ingredient List
- ½ cup dry vegan wine
- 4 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 ½ cup arborio rice
- 1 cup Nafsika’s Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 4 cloves garlic (Minced or pressed in a garlic press)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, and add the olive oil. Once its hot, add the garlic and sauté until slightly golden.
- Add the rice, stir constantly until the rice is covered in the butter and oil mixture. Allow the rice to cook for 3 minutes on medium heat. Add the wine, stir.
- Once the wine has evaporated, add 2 cups of the vegetable broth, half a cup at the time, once the broth evaporates, add another half a cup, repeat the process until you’ve finished the 2 cups. Remember to always stir the rice.
- Add half of the parmesan cheese and half a cup of vegetable broth and stir until it has all come together. Continue pouring half a cup of the broth at the time until you are finished. Add the remaining cheese, stir constantly until the cheese finishes melting.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, add extra Parmesan cheese on top.